TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So you were going to give MadKiwi that link and then he was
People Seeking Info

Subject So you were going to give MadKiwi that link and then he was

Posted by Zuberman on August 02, 2015 at 2:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 235 times.

In Reply To I looked thru the attached link for 2015 model year posted by not4resaleZ on August 01, 2015 at 02:48 PM

Message going to have to click through all those succeeding links and find the 1993 300ZX manual and then try and figure out what Chapter the oil-viscosity page was in and finally finds it in the MA (Maintenance) Chapter and then finally sees that........................IT HAS THE SAME INFO IN THE LINK TO THE AMSOIL APPLICATION PAGE I REPLIED! Like I have been saying over and over again, it was a matter of convenience! I handed him fishsticks WITH KETCHUP!

From the final link from your link.....

[ http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/300zx/300zx_1993_FSM.pdf ]

I hope MadKiwi will note that that page (MA-8) states,
"10W-30 is preferable for ambient temperatures above -18*C (0*F). 20W-40 and 20W-50 are usable for ambient temperatures above 10*C (50*F) for all seasons."

Next is the statement directly from my 1990 Factory Service Manual (page MA-8),
"10W-30 is preferable. If the ambient temperature is above -18*C (0*F). 20W-40 and 20W-50 are usable if the ambient temperture is above 10*C (50*F) for all seasons.
For turbo engines, 5W-30 should be used only under extremely cold conditions." (...............much less 0W-30). And why would the Nissan engineers make that last statement specification unless they had good reason to?

Also, the Z32 isn't a 2015 model and it's not a 240SX; models on that opening page from your link.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.